Madeleine Kurtsdotter was born and raised in Gothenburg, Sweden but has lived abroad for many years, in the US, France and now Dubai, UAE. Madeleine has studied graphic design, advertising and marketing as well as attended numerous art classes, but sees herself as a self taught artist. Madeleine prefers to work with mixed techniques combining acrylic, oil, porcelain paint and natural material. She likes to create exciting contrasts in her paintings and loves to experiment with colors and shapes. Madeleine finds inspiration from many sources: people, music, books and personal experiences and also from her longer stays in France, USA, Russia and the United Arab Emirates. Her positive view of life is reflected in her work - in the way of sparkling color combinations and contrasts which characterize her paintings.
"My positive view of life is reflected in my work - in the way of sparkling color combinations and contrasts which characterize my paintings. It doesn't mean I haven't encountered hard times and difficulties in my life, but I have always approached them with a realistic and positive attitude."
Madeleine has exhibited her work numerous times in Sweden, France and the UAE:
- Université de Michel Montaigne, Bordeaux, France, 1994
- Club Moving, Bordeaux, France, 1995
- IKEA Café & Restaurant, Bordeaux, France, 1997
- Atelier Mercedenia, Cap Ferret, France, 1999
- Atelier Mercedenia, Cap Ferret, France, 2000
- Cabinet Dentaire Etienne Billière, Toulouse, France, 2002
- RICA, Stockholm, Sweden, 2009
- Women in Art, Gallery Arabesque, Dubai, UAE, 2019