My name is Sana Waqar. I am a visual artist from Pakistan, settled in Dubai. I did my Bachelor's in Textile Design from the National College of Arts Lahore in 2014. Later I pursued my Master's Degree in Art and Design Studies from Beaconhouse National University Lahore in 2019 with a Distinction. My work is mostly a crossroads between gestural abstraction and scientific/mathematical drawings based on logic and facts. I try to use abstraction as a form of coded language where every color, stroke, and impression may signify a meaning, an emotion, or some recorded data. I go back and forth these two strains of thought but my aesthetic is mostly abstract and sometimes suggestive or stylized. I often use a monochromatic palette or contrast with black and white which adds layers of complexity to my work. I have displayed my work at various National and International forums and continue to research and work on exciting new projects
Sana has exhibited at:
- 2020 'Double Tap', Museum of Scroll, Online Gallery Pakistan,
- Instagram 2019 - 'Crossovers'
- Alhamra Art Gallery, Lahore 2019 - 'Current'
- Top 10 Best Artworks by Young Artists, Alhamra Art Gallery, Lahore 2017
- 'In-Quest', Full Circle Gallery, Karachi, Pakistan 2017
- 'Lines in the Sand', Contemporary Art from Pakistan, Imago Mundi Project, Venice