Kavita Sriram is an Indian Artist based in Dubai. Kavita holds a Masters Degree in Public Relations. She has been pursuing art for a few years now. What started out as a hobby for her eventually stirred up her creative juices unfolding her into painting many canvases budding into an Artist. Having travelled the World very widely, she has always had a passion and keen interest in various art forms. Kavita likes to dabble in different mediums such as Acrylics, Oils, Charcoal, Watercolor and Mixed Media.
Kavita’s paintings and art help her to emote her inner thoughts and express her feelings. At the same time both rejuvenating and relaxing her. In June 2019, Kavita was invited as an Inspirational Guest Speaker to talk about her Art Journey to children from various Schools (The Junction Dubai, Al Serkal Avenue).
Kavita has also volunteered and supported the DWFAC (Women and Children victims of domestic violence and human trafficking) by interacting and doing art and craft workshops with them at Lowe, Barari.
Kavita has done quite a few live painting events and activations: Kaynouna Festival (Tribeca 2017), Joining Hands (Rashid Centre for the Determined
Ones 2018), 47th National Day Celebration – Year of Zayed (Windsor Park Motor City 2018), Cherish (SNF Development Centre –Children of Special needs March 2018), Dubai Maker Faire (Dubai World Trade Centre 2019 for
Hamdan Foundation), National Day (Safari Mall, Sharjah 2019), Cherish (SNF Development Centre –Children of Special needs Jan 2020)
Kavita has exhibited in several exhibitions:
- 2016: Fashion for All at The Fridge
- 2017: Against the Tides at Cartoon Art Gallery,
- 2018: 3 month exhibition (Double Tree Hilton), Colors of Spring Art Exhibition (D3), Tales of Arabia (Fine Art Gallery), Show Your Best Art Exhibit (Cartoon Art Gallery), Lending a Helping Hand Art Auction for Kerala Floods (Cartoon Art Gallery), Together We Can (Flora Hotel).
2019: Artezaar at Modista (Murooj Hotel), DIFC Art Nights with Artezaar (Dubai International Financial Centre), World Art Dubai (Kavita was voted and won as a Top 20 Emerging Artist of UAE 2019 by World Art Dubai and Rove Hotels teams)
2020 Virtual Exhibitions: Art Therapy (Turkey), The Faces (UAE), Ganeshas (UAE), Ruminism (UAE), Salaam Ramadan (UAE), Vision 49 National Day (UAE), World Art Dubai
Kavita has won a few awards for her work:
- 3rd place at the Cultural Diversity Arts Competition and Awards Evening (Antique Museum Dubai 2018).
- Winner 1st place in Mixed Media Category (Ramadan Holy Month Online Art competition at Dubai Outlet Mall June 2019).
- Her artwork “Kaashi – Benares” won and was selected for the Little India Foundation 2019, supporting child education.
- Her painting “ Natural Balance “ was a winning entry in Top 5 in
the Go Wild Dubai 2020 held by Dubai Municipality
- Her Oil Painting “The Journey – Step to Salvation” has won a Gold Medal
in the “Best Creativity Category” in an International Art Contest (India).
According to the Artist, Art has no borders - it is very diverse and multicultural.
“In short, Life itself is a Canvas, So let’s Paint it colourful!” - Kavita Sriram
Buy artworks, home décor accessories and paintings online on Artezaar.com Online Art Gallery Dubai UAE.