Rachel John is an oil painting artist from India and has been living in the UAE for more than two decades. For her to take a journey in art, is like following a path that is never ending. She believes that art allows her to express herself truthfully and eventually refines her to be a better person. Being self-taught, giving herself the title 'Artist' was a big challenge. A 15 year process of trial and error; learning, observing, exploring and refining, everything catalyzed that big leap. Her inspiration to create an artwork can be from a beautiful visual to a subtle or profound thought that stimulate her soul. Her goal is to create art which can transcend the viewer and transport them to a terrain where they are able to communicate with the art.
Exhibitions and events participated in:
• Affordable Art sale and Exhibition - Abu Dhabi. 2-16 May 2015
• In association with Art Hub - Abu Dhabi, 3 paintings were selected and exhibited in Abu Dhabi International Airport- Terminal 3. June-November 2016
• Affordable Art sale and Exhibition - Abu Dhabi. 4-25 June 2016
• Donated an artwork and participated in "Art for Awareness", an initiative to support Emirates Down Syndrome Association; on 28 November 2016-2017
• AMP Exhibition - twofour54, Abu Dhabi. 16-22 May 2017
• AMP Exhibition - twofour54, Abu Dhabi. 23-29 October 2017
• Wall of Happiness - The Retreat Palm Dubai, MGallery by Sofitel. November 2017
• Art camp- attended the "CSI 70th Year Art Camp". 22-25 July 2017, organized by the Communication Department of Church of south India, Synod, Chennai, India. 50 artists from five southern states of India participated in the camp.
• "Year of Zayed" Exhibition - Dubai Design District,D3. 28-30 January 2018
• International Women's Day themed "Women's Empowerment" Art Exhibition -Sheraton beach Resort Sharjah. 8-17 March 2018
• World Art Dubai at World Trade Centre, Dubai. 18–21 April 2018
• Abstaction-2, Sofitel Palm Dubai. July-October 2018
• Zayed And His Legacy painting exhibition at Paris Sorbonne University, Abu Dhabi. 27 November-6 December 2018-2019
• Art work done for Abu Dhabi Municipality to celebrate the 'Year of Tolerance' as part of city beautification community art project. 2-7 February 2019
• Year of Tolerance art exhibition “Beyond Borders” at Cassells Al Barsha Hotel. 16 Feb-April 2019
• Agora “A Space of Art in You” Studio Seven Art Gallery, Dubai 20 – 27 October 2019
Buy artworks, home décor accessories and paintings online on Artezaar.com Online Art Gallery Dubai UAE.