Born in Kandy, Sri Lanka, I did my schooling in Lusaka, Zambia, graduated from Stella Maris College, Chennai, India, and have traveled widely with my husband who is a Marine Engineer. Though never formally taught in art, I always had a penchant for it and it developed into a passionate hobby over the past few years in Dubai. With encouragement from family and friends, I had my first solo exhibition of 30 paintings in Bangalore, India in 2003. When I realized that I could elicit appreciation for my works, I recognized my calling and started experimenting with oils in greater detail, developing basic techniques, improving and improvising. My paintings range from landscapes, seascapes, flowers, horses, Indian village scenes, Feng Shui/ Vaastu related works and the quintessential figures of Buddha and Ganesha.
I believe that a painting should not only brighten up a room, but also a person’s soul. Every painting I begin, I find a new purpose-one that fills me with limitless possibilities that fuels my creativity and brings with it a sense of peace and accomplishment.
Exhibited at shows including:
• World Trade Centre during the Dubai Shopping Festival (2004)
• Times Square Mall and Dubai Festival City
• Dubai Ladies Club, Jumeirah (2011)
• Riwaz Exhibition (2015)
• As part of a fashion show at Alserkal Avenue (fabric painting) in 2016
• Double Tree Hilton, Business Bay (2017
• Cartoon Gallery, Art Fiesta (2017)
• DUCTAC, Kolor Palette (2017)
• As part of a group exhibition at Ahmedia Heritage Gallery, Deira, Feb 2018
• As part of International Women’s Day at Sheraton, Sharjah on March 8th 2018
• As part of International Women’s Day at Sharjah Cultural Club on March 8th 2018
• As part of Dubai International Horse Fair, March 2018 at the World Trade Centre
• As part of a group exhibition at Sultana Kazim’s residence, Falcon House, Jumeirah, April 2018
• As part of World Art Dubai, April 2018 at the World Trade Centre
• As part of a group exhibition at Monda Gallery, Sofitel, Palm Jumeirah Sept 2018
• As part of a group exhibition at the Taj Hotel, Oct ’18
Buy artworks, home décor accessories and paintings online on Artezaar.com Online Art Gallery Dubai UAE.